Dear IYC Parents:
We'd like to share information about the IYC Junior Roasts and to ask for your help in supporting this tradition (of more than 60 years!) at IYC by signing up to help serve the food one Thursday evening this summer. Here is the link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XRUbA0GrHrKlbSR2Jp6o6tY-3WpkZqfzaHIY-as1Ok
But wait, you are thinking, what does this entail?? Not much! On your Jr. Roast night, you should arrive at 5:30. The IYC/Luna Staff will set out the tables, the condiments, and provide the burgers, hotdogs, buns and grilling equipment. You will also have a Jr. Roast buddy, so between the two of you, all you have to do is:
We are also looking for grill master volunteers, which just requires a willingness to cook burgers and hotdogs at the end of the table! For each night, we need 2 table helpers and 1 grill master. Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XRUbA0GrHrKlbSR2Jp6o6tY-3WpkZqfzaHIY-as1Ok
1. Get the cash box from the IYC/Luna staff,
2. Arrange the “dish to pass” contributions from parents on the table
3. Collect cash from the kids at the table as they pass through, starting at 6pm - ($3 per child)
4. Ask the restaurant staff for anything we need – utensils, more ketchup, veggie burgers, etc.
5. Help tidy up at the end of the meal, which is super simple since parents will come pick up their dishes
6. Enjoy all the other Junior Roasts knowing you have done your part to support this awesome tradition!
Pick a date, then tell your friends! Better yet, get them to take a shift with you!
Thanks and let us know if you have any questions!
Lindsay Anderson & Emily Russell (parent volunteers)